EPHAS (Every Place HAS A Story) Platform: Development of a Story telling sub-system for the ‘Story telling’ (content) side
5G (ENCQOR) Technology Development Challenge for SMEs
EPHAS (Every Place HAS A Story) Platform:
Development of a Story telling sub-system for the ‘Story telling’ (content) side
Challenge Launch Date:
January 13, 2020
February 9, 2020 (expired)
Develop the E2E SW ‘Story Teller’ sub-system for the Ericsson story telling EPHAS platform including Front End and Back End components involving but not exclusive to 5G, Edge computing, Augmented Reality (AR) and Big Data functions.
Ericsson Canada Inc.
Approximately 8 months with delivery date in 2020
Up to 500 000$ CAD
SME with less 500 employees registered in Quebec
At SME location in Quebec with 5G testing in one of ENCQOR 5G Hubs in MTL or QC.
Ericsson is developing EPHAS (Every Place Has A Story) a location-based storytelling platform utilizing 5G, Edge computing and AR. As the platform does not fully exist today, development work is needed to architect, build, test and roll out the platform. Without the combination of 5G, edge computing and the platform, it will be difficult for story tellers and consumers to connect in diverse locations.
- Deliver a functioning SW sub-system and associated documentation.
- Readiness to participate in further phases of the product roll out as an extended scope.
- Previous Experience in developing Microservices using framework such as DropWizard and service IDL’s such as Thrift.
- Previous Experience developing and strong familiarity with JSON-over-http and Thrift-over-http.
- Experience in container technologies – Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Mesos, rkt.
- Strong familiarity with and working experience in Rails for the front-end.
- Familiarity with RAN (4G and/or 5G), Edge, AR technologies and associated frameworks.
- Previous experience developing and deploying application on public clouds such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with infrastructure management framework such as Chef.
- Experience in data-tier architecture and data warehouse applications.
- Experience in front end development of applications for smart phones, tablets and PCs.
- Interested SMEs must submit a (max) 10 pages document (in .pdf) with the Statement of interest describing its expertise and capabilities
- Selected SMEs will be invited for a live demo/presentation with the project owners
- It is highly recommended that interested SMEs participate to one of the free 5G trainings offered by ENCQOR (https://quebec.encqor.ca/formations/)