ENCQOR “5G” is a transformational $400-million partnership that brings together five global digital technology leaders (Ericsson, Ciena Canada Inc., Thales Canada Inc., IBM Canada, and CGI) and provincial coordinators Prompt, Innovation ENCQOR, and Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) to build the next generation of digital infrastructure.
ENCQOR “5G” brings together large companies, SMEs, and academia, to contribute to the advancement of research, innovation and demonstration of applications using a pre-commercial 5G testbed.
This partnership is made possible in part by funding from the Canadian government and the provincial governments of Québec and Ontario.
ABOUT INNOVATION ENCQOR
Oversight of the ENCQOR “5G” initiative is provided by Innovation ENCQOR Inc., a non-profit organization charged with the project’s governance and administration.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Innovation ENCQOR Inc.’s Board of Directors is composed of:
Voting Board Members:
- Sue Abu-Hakima, Co-Founder and CEO, Amika Mobile
- Don Aldridge, Executive Director of the High Performance Computing Viral Laboratory, Senior Adviser, Advanced Computing and Data Analytics, Queen’s University
- Frédéric Bastien, Co-founder and CEO, Mnubo
- Catherine Samson, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec
- Corinne Charette, Senior Fellow, Concordia University
- Nizar Ladak, President and CEO, Compute Ontario
- Germain Lamonde, Founder and Executive Chairman, EXFO
- Jonathan Milne, Community and Strategic Partnerships Director, Klipfolio
- Peter A. Barnes, Director, Product Management, CGI
- Étienne Lemieux, Business Unit Manager, IBM
- John Luszczek, Business Opportunities Leader, Ericsson
- Benoit Pelletier, Director, Business Development, Ciena
- Mark Shorey, Director, Business Strategy, Thales
- Paul Baptista, Ericsson
- Rodney G. Wilson, Chief Technologist, Research Networks, Ciena
- Pierre Boucher, Innovation ENCQOR
- Éric Dagenais, Assistant Deputy Minister, Industry Sector, Innovation, Sciences and Economic Development Canada, Government of Canada
- Philippe Dubuisson, Deputy Minister – Economics Policies, Ministère de l’économie et de l’innovation, Government of Québec
For more information on Innovation ENCQOR, read the news release.